I'm constantly stressed and I don't know what to do???

Stress and frustration
  • Ok, I must admit I have a problem with stress. I can't get it over and it's becoming a huge part of my life.

I've decided to write a thesis. I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I never thought I'd have problems with the guy who is supervising it. He's not willing to help me out!!! last week, I sent him like three e-mails to see if we could set a date to solve some doubts that I had, but he never answered me.

I thought I would have good results and everything was perfect so far. Nevertheless, I have not been able to make progress (this last week). I'm stuck with the most important part of it.

This is so frustrating!!! I don't know what to do anymore!!! My neck's been killing me for 3 days!!! 😞

• Is this for college/university? You mention that you've decided to write a thesis, not that you were assigned it. I'm assuming it's important and that you cannot just cancel it.

How did you meet the supervisor? Maybe he hasn't checked his e-mail in a while, can you contact him in any other way?

Also, keep in mind that frustration and stress can negatively affect your cognition, which in turn decreases your academic performance. Do something fun or relaxing, like going to the movies or going on a walk.

• Hi, Emotion...thanks for the advice 🙂

Yeah, well, I took that option, because I've always wanted to write stuff and it has more benefits.
    However, I got very stressed when I couldn't find the way to solve an issue that I had, but I've finally found the way to do it.

[quote='Emotion' pid='88' dateline='1364799893']
    How did you meet the supervisor? Maybe he hasn't checked his e-mail in a while, can you contact him in any other way?
    [/quote]

Some professor who works with these projects. I think he used to be an ex class-mate as well 😕
    He sent me an e-mail this morning...heh, when I had already found the solution to this issue, lol.

[quote='Emotion' pid='88' dateline='1364799893']
    Also, keep in mind that frustration and stress can negatively affect your cognition, which in turn decreases your academic performance. Do something fun or relaxing, like going to the movies or going on a walk.
    [/quote]

You're right. It's happened to me in the past, but I do have a problem with stress. I lose control easily...Last night, I couldn't even sleep and I was kinda sick this morning.
    I wish I knew how to control those emotions. Nevertheless, I'll do what you're suggesting. Thank you for it 🙂

• That's good to hear, glad you worked things out. 🙂

• Thanks! 🙂
    Hopefully, I won't have problems in this regard...(It's what I expect) 😛

• Try to be happy. Participate in some sports and fun activities to improve your mood.
    Exercises specially yoga and meditation can be the best techniques to deal with the stress and depression. Do both of these exercises in your routine workout.

• [quote='Robust' pid='390' dateline='1402380755']
    Try to be happy. Participate in some sports and fun activities to improve your mood.
    Exercises specially yoga and meditation can be the best techniques to deal with the stress, depression, and all other mental illnesses.
    [/quote]

I've been meaning to get into meditation, but I have no idea how. What exactly is meditation and how does one do it?

What kind of benefits have you noticed from meditation, aside from stress-reduction?

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views

Hey Alfred, welcome to the forums. 🙂

Probably kundalini yoga.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    37k Views

I don't know. Perhaps you're right. I sincerely don't understand other individuals and their issues...heh.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views

[quote='Emotion' pid='45' dateline='1364696128']
    I don't have this problem anymore thankfully. I've learned to control my frustration by asking myself some questions:

"Why do I feel this way?"

"Will getting emotional about it help me or hurt me?"

Getting frustrated over a meaningless event will only hurt me by causing my body to release stress hormones. I won't benefit in anyway by stressing myself out.

I find this very helpful, what do you think about it?
    [/quote]

I'm glad to hear you're not having this problem anymore. I think it was a very rational way to deal with these thoughts and emotions...

Rationality might help us to feel better when there's not any reason to feel down. At least, it's what I've concluded.