Motivation for working out

Motivation and drive
  • Do you work out? If so, what motivates you keep going?

I starting working out a few years ago because I was tired all the time, my pant size was getting bigger, and I felt really self conscious. That motivated me to get in better shape and maintain it.

• Yeah, I currently only run because I can't afford a gym membership, but I used to lift weights. I actually have a couple of reasons for working out:

[b]1) Habit[/b] - Whenever I start doing something consistently for a long period of time, it just sticks with me. For example, I never think about brushing my teeth at night, I just do it, like my body is in autopilot. The same goes for exercising. My body just tells me it's time to get some exercise.

[b]2) The challenge[/b] - Nothing feels better than being able to beat your personal record. You may start off being able to run for only 10 minutes or being able to lift only 20 kg of weights, but as you stick to it you will find yourself constantly beating your previous records.

I'm pretty sure I have more reasons, but I can't think of them right now 😛

• [quote='Azra' pid='34' dateline='1355340077']
    Do you work out? If so, what motivates you keep going?

I starting working out a few years ago because I was tired all the time, my pant size was getting bigger, and I felt really self conscious. That motivated me to get in better shape and maintain it.
    [/quote]

There came a specific time in my life, when I really needed a new way around. It all started at Christmas this year. There has been lots of changes in my life, new way of thinking and what I wanted was to get more out of life. First principle was to simply start doing more. Charity, new major, meeting new people. And also new me. I started to work out every day, for about an hour. And it was amazing. I felt better and, what was especially significant for me, was that I had more control of my own body. And as it was, it made me even more enthustiastic person than I was. For now I stopped my training, but I still maintain good eating habits. I always eat regularly and even though I don't work out, I don't gain weight. So it was an important aspect of my new life. And I'm planning to take up a sport again 🙂