Bringing in more users

Suggestions
  • Does anyone have any ideas to bring in more users? The problem right now is that there's not many people who are visiting this site. Less than 10 unique people are visiting the site every day.

I've been thinking about buying advertisements, but it's expensive and I'm not sure if it's even a reliable method to bring in more users. :s

• Well, I don't know if buying advertisements would actually work. It's better if you don't waste your money with them, because no one can tell if it's a good method.

I've been thinking: is it possible to change the name of the forum??? I'd like to know this, because this could be the reason why the forum doesn't have a lot of members. Maybe this is not a very usual or common topic???

• It would be difficult changing the name. I'm not sure, maybe you're right and the name is the reason why not many people visit.

• I just signed up for this forum and found my activation email sent to the spam folder in gmail with the message:
    [b]We've found that lots of messages from server.davesnetwork.ca are spam.[/b]

Perhaps a letter to google would convince them of your legitimacy? Otherwise maybe you could change your email service to one google is not filtering.

The presence of a few active people is often reason enough for people to join. The first thing I do is scan the last post date of all the categories to see if they are recently updated. The reason I decided to stay longer is the name of the site is so perfect that I want it to become what it obviously intends to be.

I'm considering writing some posts myself with the ulterior motive of making the site look a little more active. On the plus side I did find this place by a google search. My interests are emotions and motivation.

• Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'll be sure to do something about the activation email being marked as spam. Changing the email service is a lot easier than convincing Google that it's not spam.

Great idea! I'll join in and contribute to your posts.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views

Huh, well I'm actually in the same boat as you now. A lot of tasks seem meaningless and repetitive. Would you mind making a thread about this? I want to know how you were able to discover meaning in life.

• Rate option

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    7k Views

Hmm, well if you're having this problem then someone else might too. I'm not sure what's causing it.  :s

• View New Posts link

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views

I fixed the issue. It's in the right sidebar on the home page now. Let me know if it works for you.

• Identifying Emotions

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views

Great idea! I too have experienced this problem, but never really thought about it much. I made a new forum about it: http://www.emotionforums.com/Forum-Emotion-identification

• Just got an email

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views

Heh, yeah I installed a new plugin that automatically sends reminder emails after a long period of not being active. I think we'd be able to bring in more people if we post on a regular basis just so that people coming in from search engines will see the site is alive and want to register.

• New Emotion Support Topic

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views

Yeah, I think it would be better to create a subforum dedicated to jealousy.
    Thus, people who already have couples can express their jealousy in a free way 😄

• Game thread

Suggestions
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    11k Views

[quote='Emotion' pid='203' dateline='1365660222']
    [align=center]PRIVACY IS WEAKNESS

ANONYMITY IS KNOWN

INFORMATION IS LIBERTY[/align]
    [/quote]

I strongly agree with that 🙂

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orwellian